How to Say Thank You to Co-Workers (with examples)
Why is Saying Thank You to Co-Workers Important?
As we mentioned in our article on employee recognition in the workplace, saying thank you or recognising your colleagues is a generally awesome thing to do. It will let them know that what they did was appreciated, make them feel good and build your relationship with them. This makes the workplace better for both of you.
Some General Tips on Writing a Great Thank You
We’ve got some examples below to inspire some creativity. If you want to come up with something genuine and from scratch, you should probably try to cover each of the following in your message:
- Be genuine.
- Be specific
- Show appreciation.
Thank You to Co-workers Examples
- You’re a fantastic person to work with. Your help has made my job so much easier and more enjoyable.
- Thank you for all the support you have given me. Your guidance and encouragement helped me to reach where I stand today. Working with you is a delight.
- If everyone were like you, nobody would complain about getting to work. I appreciate your spirit of can-do and teamwork.
- Not only are you my colleague at work, but you are also my best friend. Your time, support, and cooperation I value a lot.
- You are one of my most valuable assets and not just because of your excellent work ethic but also because of how kind and helpful you are to others in this office.
- I appreciate how you push me to be the best version of myself daily. You have a special gift for helping me achieve all my goals. Thank you.
- Your ability to work so well with others is truly a gift.
- Thank you for always jumping in and helping.
- Thank you for contributing your ideas at our recent meeting. They were highly insightful and made me rethink our plan going forward.
- While people know us as simply good colleagues at work, we know that we are more than that. The role you played in my life is monumental. I am grateful for your continued support and guidance. I appreciate it!